Barack Obama has done extremely well in North Carolina and will win that state with ease. Clinton should be edging out Obama in Indiana thanks to a 6% lead among women voters.
To see the exit polls:
- North Carolina
Here is what we have learned from these exit polls:
- Obama dwindled the gender gap and the income gap in North Carolina.
- Clinton won Republican and Indpendent voters in North Carolina, a voting bloc that has normally gone Obama’s way.
- Clinton lost the below 40 voters and won the 50+ voters by a large margin.
- Clinton won white voters in Indiana by 20%, won those voters in NC by similar margins but the African American turnout in North Carolina was 33% and Obama won that group by 85%.
- Obama wins every issue (health care, economy, iraq) in North Carolina but Clinton wins on the economy and on health care in Indiana.